Sunday, July 16, 2017

JGC -- Day 3

I played Nikita again today. (I played him at the camp too.) He played a much sharper game this time though and I resigned. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to get it reviewed.

(;GM[1]FF[4]CA[UTF-8]AP[CGoban:3]ST[2] RU[Japanese]SZ[19]KM[6.50] C[Nikita Prikarev played white] ;B[pd] ;W[cp] ;B[pq] ;W[dd] ;B[ep] ;W[gq] ;B[fo] ;W[jq] ;B[cn] ;W[eq] ;B[dq] ;W[dp] ;B[fq] ;W[er] ;B[fr] ;W[dr] ;B[gp] ;W[hq] ;B[lq] ;W[io] ;B[do] ;W[en] ;B[eo] ;W[qo] ;B[qp] ;W[po] ;B[np] ;W[qj] ;B[qf] ;W[cf] ;B[jd] ;W[cj] ;B[hm] ;W[im] ;B[hl] ;W[jc] ;B[ic] ;W[id] ;B[ib] ;W[kc] ;B[fc] ;W[ec] ;B[fd] ;W[je] ;B[pj] ;W[qk] ;B[kd] ;W[ld] ;B[ke] ;W[mc] ;B[ie] ;W[pc] ;B[qc] ;W[oc] ;B[qb] ;W[qg] ;B[pg] ;W[qh] ;B[rf] ;W[ef] ;B[ko] ;W[kr] ;B[lr] ;W[ir] ;B[ne] ;W[le] ;B[kf] ;W[lf] ;B[jf] ;W[oe] ;B[lg] ;W[od] ;B[mf] ;W[pf] ;B[qd] ;W[og] ;B[ph] ;W[mg] ;B[mh] ;W[ng] ;B[qi] ;W[ri] ;B[pi] ;W[rh] ;B[kq] ;W[ks] ;B[jn] ;W[in] ;B[jp] ;W[ip] ;B[es] ;W[cq] ;B[hs] ;W[is] ;B[hp] ;W[jl] ;B[lm] ;W[km] ;B[ln] ;W[ll] ;B[kk] ;W[kl] ;B[nl] ;W[jo] ;B[kn] ;W[kp] ;B[lp] ;W[gn] ;B[hn] ;W[ho] ;B[go] ;W[fn] ;B[cl] ;W[fk] ;B[dj] ;W[dm] ;B[cm] ;W[dk] ;B[bj] ;W[ck] ;B[bk] ;W[ci] ;B[bi] ;W[bh] ;B[bo] ;W[ij] ;B[rm] ;W[pk] ;B[pm] ;W[ok] ;B[fb] ;W[eb] ;B[gh] ;W[lh] ;B[nk] ;W[nj] ;B[mj] ;W[kg] ;B[ni] ;W[oj] ;B[mk] ;W[oi] ;B[eh] ;W[dh] ;B[hj] ;W[gj] ;B[hi] ;W[om] ;B[ol] ;W[pl] ;B[qm] ;W[qq] ;B[pp] ;W[on] ;B[ro] ;W[mm] ;B[mn] ;W[nm] ;B[ki] ;W[ml] ;B[ii] ;W[jj] ;B[hk] ;W[lk] ;B[il] ;W[ji] ;B[jm] ;W[jp] ;B[fs] ;W[ds] ;B[ap] ;W[br] ;B[oo])


After the game, Pete and I went to Shin-Osaka to buy our shinkansen tickets for Tuesday and to make sure we know where we're going. We have to get back to Narita airport (in Tokyo) in time for our afternoon flights back to the states. The end is near.

In Japan they don't just have express and local trains.  They have lots of variations.


Back at the camp, one of the options that stopped at our station was something like the "sub semi-express".

Here I am with Mike, who was given this kimono by a friend.


This family wore their Boston Go Congress t-shirts today!


Full disclosure: I also got clobbered by a 5 dan (one of the Chinese guys who joined our camp at the very end) in a free match this afternoon.  I didn't record that game though.

I also asked Fukami-san if he could find me a Japanese partner for pair Go tomorrow, figuring he knows half the people in the room and could easily find me a friend who is willing to play.  But he ended up calling in back-up, so it sounds like another friend (who did come to our camp for the friendship match) is coming out to be my partner tomorrow.  This friend, Nakura-san, is 7 dan.  I hope he will be patient with me...  Meanwhile, I just got another email from Fukami-san saying he heard back from another friend who is willing to play, so now I might be finding a partner for him!

Pete, Joel and I ended the day with an absolutely stunning 7-course meal (for about $25) at a nearby restaurant ("Taka", in case you're ever in Takarazuka).



No comments:

Post a Comment